The Brewer Law Offices P.C.

Call Now For A Personalized Case Evaluation

(303) 420-8080

The Brewer Law Offices P.C.

Workers’ Compensation FAQs

A: Many lawyers will not take a workers' compensation case involving an uninsured employer. However, we will. Attorney Amy Brewer has successfully represented individuals who have worked for uninsured contractors and others.
A:Even if your ATP recommends medical treatment, the insurance carrier may still deny it. In such cases, the insurance company may get an independent medical examiner to investigate the matter. If your treatment was denied, we can help.
A: If you had to take time off work due to a work-related injury or illness, you are eligible to receive temporary disability benefits for the working time you lost. If your employer is refusing to pay your lost wages, our law firm can take the matter to court.
A: Some employers may tell you that you are not entitled to temporary disability benefits because you were terminated. If you believe you did nothing wrong and were fired merely as a pretext, contact our firm for representation.
A: If you still suffer from your work-related injury, you may be eligible for permanent impairment benefits, which are based on impairment rating guidelines. Workers' compensation offers two kinds of permanent disability benefits: permanent partial disability and permanent total disability. Such benefits usually involve a lump sum payment or weekly payouts.
A: If you have a pre-existing condition such as a back problem, any lifting or twisting at work may re-injure you or worsen the existing injury. In these kinds of situations, you may still be eligible for workers' compensation benefits. Worsening of a pre-existing condition as a result of an on-the-job injury entitles you to workers’ compensation benefits. We can help if your claim was denied by the insurance carrier on the basis of a “pre-existing” injury.
A: You may have received a settlement offer from your employer's insurance company, but this offer may not take into account the full extent of your current injuries and future needs. That's why it is important to consult an experienced lawyer before accepting. Many lawyers are not willing to consult with individuals who already have a settlement offer, but we are.
A: Your next option is to file an application for a hearing and appear before an administrative law judge. During the hearing, both parties will investigate the medical evidence and the circumstances surrounding your injury.
A: Under workers' compensation law, you are generally not allowed to pick your own doctor. He or she will be selected by your employer. However, you still have rights and options, and we can help guide the way.
Amy L. Brewer, Esq.

Call Now For A Personalized Case Evaluation:
(303) 420-8080