Can I Use My Own Doctor?

"When you visit my office, it is my goal to make you feel as comfortable as possible. I will also devote the time and attention that your case deserves. Together we will explore your legal options and prepare the best case strategy for your needs." — Attorney Amy Brewer

Under workers' compensation law, you are generally not allowed to pick your own doctor. He or she will be selected by your employer. However, you still have rights and options. At The Brewer Law Offices P.C., serving the Denver Metro area and the mountain communities of Summit County, we can help you understand these rights and find quality medical care that is appropriate for you.

Finding A Physician Who Puts Your Needs First

If you suffer an on-the-job injury, your employer will usually send you to a predetermined clinic and assign you an authorized treating physician (ATP). Once you have been assigned an ATP, you must continue under his or her care. If for some reason your employer does not send you to a doctor, you can choose your own.

One of the greatest challenges that injured workers face is that ATPs are often extremely conservative and may be more focused on the insurance carrier's best interests than on yours. If you believe that your doctor is not properly attending to your needs, you have 90 days from the date of your injury to request a change of physician.

If the 90 days are past or if the ATP has denied the treatment you need, attorney Amy Brewer can take your case in front of a judge. With close to 20 years of legal experience in Denver, she is well equipped to help you get the benefits you deserve.

Get Help From A Denver Attorney For Injured Workers

To learn more about requesting a change of physician or any other workers' compensation matter, set up a free initial consultation with our experienced lawyer. Call The Brewer Law Offices P.C. at 303-420-8080 in the Denver Metro area, at 970-453-4753 in Breckenridge or send us an email. All calls are promptly returned.

Se habla español.