Talk With Someone Today
Asset 10


We answer some of the most frequently asked questions about workers’ compensation. We know that this can sometimes be a confusing and challenging to navigate. That’s why we are here to guide you through every step of the way.

General Questions

What if my employer doesn't have workers' comp insurance?
Many lawyers will not take a workers' compensation case involving an uninsured employer. However, we will. Attorney Amy Brewer has successfully represented individuals who have worked for uninsured contractors and others.

What if my medical treatment is denied?
Even if your ATP recommends medical treatment, the insurance carrier may still deny it. In such cases, the insurance company may get an independent medical examiner to investigate the matter. If your treatment was denied, we can help.

How can I receive wage replacement benefits?
If you had to take time off work due to a work-related injury or illness, you are eligible to receive temporary disability benefits for the working time you lost. If your employer is refusing to pay your lost wages, our law firm can take the matter to court.

Your Entitlements

What if I was fired?
Some employers may tell you that you are not entitled to temporary disability benefits because you were terminated. If you believe you did nothing wrong and were fired merely as a pretext, contact our firm for representation.

What if I suffer from a permanent disability?
If you still suffer from your work-related injury, you may be eligible for permanent impairment benefits, which are based on impairment rating guidelines. Workers' compensation offers two kinds of permanent disability benefits: permanent partial disability and permanent total disability. Such benefits usually involve a lump sum payment or weekly payouts.

What if I have a pre-existing condition?
If you have a pre-existing condition, such as a back problem, any lifting or twisting at work may re-injure you or increase the extent of the existing injury. In these kinds of situations, you may still be eligible for workers' compensation benefits.

Best Outcome

Should I accept a settlement?
You may have received a settlement offer from your employer's insurance company. However, this offer may not take into account the full extent of your current injuries and future needs. That's why it is important to consult an experienced lawyer first. Many lawyers are not willing to consult with individuals who already have a settlement offer. However, we will.

What if my claim was denied?
Your next option is to file an application for hearing and appear before an administrative law judge. During the hearing, both parties will investigate the medical evidence and the circumstances surrounding your injury.

Can I use my own doctor?
Under workers' compensation law, you are generally not allowed to pick your own doctor. He or she will be selected by your employer. However, you still have rights and options and we can help guide the way.
Share by: